After completing this e-learning:
- You will understand the relationship between the legal rules for pharmaceutical advertising and self-regulation in the Netherlands.
- You will understand the difference between information and advertising and are able to specify who can receive advertising for prescription-only medicinal products.
- You will know how the supervision of pharmaceutical advertising is set up in the Netherlands and know the sanctions that apply when violating the advertising rules.
- You will know the main rules that expressions about medicinal products must adhere to, both when it comes to promotional expressions (advertising) and informative expressions.
- You will know what you can and cannot communicate to Dutch healtcare professionals and what you need to think of when drawing up written expressions adressed to a Dutch audience.
In this course, the authors largely present the subject matter through video clips, whereby they also use PowerPoint presentations. The video clips are interspersed with study text and sample questions. The sample questions do not count towards your score.
At the end of the course, there is a final test. In order to pass the course, you must answer 75% of the questions of the final test correctly. The first answer you provide counts towards your score.
You can pause at any time: the programme saves your data, and when you log in again, you can continue where you left off.
This course takes approximately two hours.
Pharmaceutical advertising: general principles
At the start of this course, both authors introduce themselves to you through the following video. They indicate what you should expect from this course.